Followers

Friday, February 8, 2019

Pterodactyl

Errrrrack! "What the hell was that?" Olivia asks. "I don't know. It sounded like something dying." I reply. I look up to see a rusted pterodactyl statue suspended by wires. I nudge Olivia and point to the pterodactyl. She glances at it for a moment. "Well, in a way you were right. It is something that's dying." I smile. "Indeed." "How do you think they figured that noise for it?" "They probably thought it sounded terrifying." I suggest. Olivia thinks for a moment. "I think it would be more terrifying without the noise. Can you imagine that thing sneaking up behind you silently?" "I don't think I want to." I say. "No, me either." We walk on. "Were there elephants during the time of the dinosaurs?" Olivia asks. "No, they came a little later." "Then what's that?" It takes me a second, but I then see clear as day what Olivia is referring to. I stop dead in my tracks. "Well, one thing is for sure. It's not a statue."

No comments:

Post a Comment