Followers

Friday, February 7, 2014

Brainstorming

I couldn't take it. I just could not take it anymore. I knew that there was something to be done. I knew that there was some place to go. But where? I sprang up from the leather couch and rushed out Jeff's front door and into the cold morning air. Everything was grey. Everything was so grey. Frustrated, I grabbed a stone from the ground and threw it as hard and as high as I could into the winter sky. Of course it was only a matter of seconds till it hit the pavement and made a loud clank. Jeff heard the clank and stumbled outside. "What are you doing?" he asked me groggily. "I'm sick of it. I'm sick of winter." I tell him. "Yeah? Join the club." "I just... I can't think when the weather is like this." "I know, no one can." "I wish there was something we could do." I say. "There is." "And that would be?" "We wait." Jeff replies wryly. Jeff turns and begins to walk back in his house. Suddenly a thought occurs to me. "Jeff, you know a lot about computers right?" "I guess enough. I mean it is part of my job." "How good are you with math?" "I'm not a genius, but I have a good understanding." I smile. " I think ..I just may have an idea." "And that would be?" "We use your computer to break into some sort of main frame to alter the earth's weather." Jeff stares at me blankly. "What?" "Yeah, think about it. It makes sense." Jeff puts his face in his hands. "Ok I'm listening." "Think about it. If everything goes back to math, then all we have to do is change some algorithms and ..Bingo! Perfect weather." Jeff continues to stare. " And what would I break into?" "I don't know we'll figure it out." Jeff sighs. "First of all what makes you think I'd be able to do this?" "Because Ms. Rosalyn is your grandmother. You have gifts. You just don't want to admit it." Jeff rolls his eyes. "Second of all, why would I want to?" " Because you are curious. Because you want more to life, and that you know that you could do amazing things if only you let yourself try. And because this weather sucks." Jeff sighs and walks in. "Ok, sure. I'll put on a pot of coffee." I smile to myself. "Minor victory."

No comments:

Post a Comment