Followers

Friday, June 6, 2014

And Now We Climb

Got the emerald? Check. Climb the mountain...ok one huge obstacle still in the way, but I am feeling good about the emerald. "We still don't have a rope, do we?" Olivia asks. "No, I didn't see one in the bomb shelter either." "And I'm guessing you can't fly." "Nope." Olivia shakes her fist. "Rats." "What about the thing you did with the dandelion?" I ask. Olivia shakes her head. "The wind would blow us in the opposite direction." "Might as well start climbing." I suggest. I crack my knuckles and prepare myself for the climb. I momentarily rest my hand on a boulder. A booming rumbling takes place. "What's happening?" Olivia asks. "I don't know." The boulder shifts and opens to a doorway. Olivia and I glance at each other. "Looks like we found a shortcut." I say. A three foot tall man made out of rock stands at the opening. He wears a 1930's style elevator operator uniform. Hat and everything. He points to his wristwatch as if we are wasting his time. Olivia and I make our way into the rock elevator. The doors close behind us with the same booming, rumbling noise as when they opened. I hadn't noticed before, but our elevator operator is also blind. It is a tad strange, but he seems to know what he is doing. "Up, please." I ask our operator. He grunts, pulling the lever towards himself. It does not sound like an angry or disgruntled grunt, but rather his own language. I'm excited, it looks like we may arrive a lot sooner than expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment