Followers

Sunday, June 1, 2014

Doubt

"This is ridiculous. How are are we supposed to find it?" Olivia asks in a panic. I put out my hand give the "stop" motion. "Whoa." I say stopping her in her tracks. "What?" "You can't be worried?" "Why not." "Because I'm supposed to be the neurotic, somewhat pessimistic one." Olivia looks me directly in the eye. "Now it's my turn to be pessimistic." She declares. "Ok." I end it there and we continue to walk down a dirt path. After a moment, I break the silence. "No, this is hopeless. You know the odds of finding a little emerald?" Olivia shakes her head no. "It's like fining a needle in a haystack." Olivia slows her pace. "You're right. It could be anywhere." "Yeah, it could be at the base or the ledge. We don't even know how far up he went." Olivia looks up at me worriedly. "Are we really doing this?" She asks me. "We don't have to." "Are you suggesting we rebel against the Purple Haired woman?" "What's the worst that could happen?" I ask Olivia. " I don't know. But I think we should do this?" I sigh. "You know, I was happy with the ending." I say with a harsh undertone. "What do you mean?" "Sometimes that is just how stories end." "So what do you think it means then?" "Who cares?" "I do." She says sweetly. I take a deep breath. " Planting the emerald could be a metaphor for reaping what you sow." Olivia inches closer to me. " What do you think it meant that he was attacked before he could plant it?" I shrug. " Maybe it just wasn't meant for him." Olivia smiles with her eyes through the sugar skull mask. "That means it is meant for us." she declares. "Ok, I'll do this mission." " I knew you would." I examine the mountain off in the distance. "I think we should get some burgers before we start though." Olivia looks at her surroundings. "We are in a Grim's Fairy tale right now. where are we going to find a burger place?" She asks. "If there is one thing I know, we are never to far away from a Wendy's or a Mcdonalds or some sort of fast food place." "You really think so?" "I know so." "You really think we should be doing that though?" "Did she give us a time table of when we need to get the emerald?" I ask. "I don't think so." "Then let's go. It'll give us energy and who knows? Maybe we can find a sherpa there." Olivia extends her arm. "Lead the way."

No comments:

Post a Comment