Followers

Sunday, June 29, 2014

Left Hanging

Looks like I left off on a cliffhanger. Funny how that works. If I weren't deathly afraid of losing my grip, I'd enjoy the view. It is spectacular after all. Olivia reaches out to me. I try and extend my free arm out to her, but it is no use. I can't reach her. "You should shield yourself." I shout to her. "It's ok, I shot tiny hearts at him. I don't think he'll bother us." "How does  that work anyway?" "When I shoot them at the person, or animal it gives them a changed perspective." "So is it a permanent thing?" "It lasts as long as it needs to." She replies simply while extending her arm again. "I would feel better if you shielded yourself." I insist. Olivia rolls her eyes and puts the pink bubble around herself. "You do realize that anyone and anything can get in this bubble." She reminds me. "I know, but it seems like a good idea." Olivia shakes her head. " I don't understand but whatever." She reaches out to me yet again. I still can't make it. "Hold on, let me find a branch or something." Olivia shouts to me. She walks away from my field of vision. Olivia climbs back to where we were. She spots the the Mountain Lion on his side. He lets out a loud yawn and eyes Olivia. "I feel refreshed." The mountain lion declares. "So you feel better?" She asks. "Like a new born." "And you won't try to hurt us anymore?" The mountain lion laughs. " I didn't say that."  He pauses. "You aren't afraid of me are you?" "No." "But you also know that you can't stop me, right?" Olivia smiles slyly. She takes the green emerald out of her pocket and reveals it to the mountain lion. The mountain lion inches closer. " I haven't seen that in ages." He mutters. "That's right and I'm gonna bury it and finish the mission." Olivia says confidently. "It's too bad that you both need to be here to bury it." "Says who?" "I don't make the rules it's just how it is."  Olivia bites her lip and walks away. With smugness in his tone, the mountain lion shouts "I'll be waiting right here."

No comments:

Post a Comment