Followers

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Overflowing Mailbox

Weather is funny. It seems to go from one extreme to another in the blink of an eye. It's just now the first day of Autumn. Though looking at the three feet of snow in front of my mailbox one would never suspect that. I can see that the mailbox is overfilled. I have not gotten the mail in a very long time. I know I should. I know there is most likely important letters for me. Much like the one's in the tunnel. I have also not read those either. It's not that snail mail is a dying  medium. I never check my e -mail either. I'm not really sure why. I know that reading mail is one of the easiest and most important things in the world to do, I just never get around to it. But I can't be lazy anymore. At least not that lazy. I open the mailbox. It proves difficult at first because the door frozen shut. However, I was able to put some muscle in it and yank the door open. The letters flowed out of the mailbox like water. They went everywhere. I peaked into the mailbox to see if there were any more letters. There were, but what caught my attention was an ice sculpture of a snowflake. I was fascinated. I took it out of the mailbox and stared at it in awe.  "Take the letters." I heard a voice pipe in out of no where.  I turned around to see a tall, slim man wearing a 1930's style suit. I grabbed all the letters. Every single one, but I also took the snowflake because ... why not? I turned back around. With out saying a word, he nodded and walked off. Guess I have some work to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment