Followers

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Stowaway

This is a bumpy, bumpy road. I am thankful I don't get car sick, because between the bumpy road, Jeff's God awful muffler, and A.M. talk radio that is currently playing, I don't know how much more I can stomach. All I can do right now is close my eyes and think of my girl, my love. It seems like it's the only thing in the world that can calm my nerves at the moment. I don't think I'll be in harm's way today. For all I know, I'll just be spying at him while he tirelessly punches in numbers on his computer. I get nervous when I go to new places though. I know it's weird to think, but I do. But if I can think of her face, her smiling face. Then it'll all be alright.
The car stops. I hear Jeff's door open and shut. I wait a beat before taking off the blanket and glancing out the window. I am in some sort of parking garage. Slowly, and quietly I exit the car.  I duck down as much as possible, and walk between the cars so Jeff won't notice me following. It should have dawned on me though that this would raise suspicion amongst everyone else. "Turn around slow." I hear a disgruntled voice shout behind me. I do as the voice says and I see a large police officer pointing a gun at me. "Fuck." I think.  "I think you better come with me." He says. Currently out of ideas, and not wanting to make a bigger problem, I comply.

No comments:

Post a Comment