Followers

Monday, January 6, 2014

In the Land of the Dinosaurs

The cardboard box led me to a familiar haunt. I am currently in a dark, damp alley. Images of glow in the dark graffiti dinosaurs light my path. T - Rexs, raptors, those weird venom - spitting one's. All the vicious, man - eating one's. I hear someone strike a match behind me. I turn around. I see what looks like the outline of my young artist friend from all those months back. " You looking for me?" He asks as he puffs a cigarette. "I didn't think I was." Trevor picks up a pack of cigarettes that was placed by one of the dinosaurs. " I don't even know why I bother." He says to me while holding the pack. "Were those for me?" I ask, puzzled. "No. Remember,it's my calling card." "Oh shit, that's right." "Fuck, I'm glad we didn't try and come up with super secret hand shake." "Gimme a break, it's been a few months." "Oh yeah, I forget. You're old." He says to me dryly. "Alright. Can we cut the shit? I assume you have some information for me." Trevor smirks. " I do." "And that would be?" "Remember that old lady you were looking for?" "Ms. Rosalyn?" I ask. "Yeah, sure. Anyways I think I found her." "How do you know what she looks like? Did I ever give you a picture of her?" "No, I don't think so." "Then how do you know what she looks like?" "I just do alright." I stare at Trevor blankly. "What, you came this far. Might as well hear what I have to say." "Fine, where do you think you saw her?" " I SAW her at the library on Madison." "What's the name of the library?" " I don't know." I roll my eyes. "What it's the only library on this side of the street." "Ok, what was she doing at the library?" "Reading a book, what the fuck do you think she was doing?" I bite my lip, and try to stay calm. "And what makes you think I'll be able to spot her there?" "Because she's been there every time I've been there." I take a deep breath and try to swallow this "information." "So, are you gonna go to the library now?" I don't respond. Trevor senses my disdain. "Fuck, what do I care? I'm just telling you what I see. like you wanted." Trevor takes a drag and walks off. Damn it, he's right. He's the local eyes and ears, but I'm the one who collects the information. Even if it may lead no where. Time to check out the library I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment