Followers

Monday, January 20, 2014

Shared Magazines

There I was face to face with Ms. Rosalyn. The little old lady who I had been searching for. I had finally found her. Could it be that easy though? Then again, it had been a few months. I guess it wasn't that easy after all. "Hello?" Ms. Rosalyn's voice chimes in and interrupts my train of thought. "Shall I show you around my favorite place?" She asks me. "Ms. Rosalyn, I don't understand. Did I find you or did you find me?" "A little bit of both, but does it really matter?" I shrug. "I guess not." Ms. Rosalyn smiles. "Good, let me show you around." She hangs onto my arm lightly and guides me into the library/church/ school. We walk to the glass off section titled "Adult Learning." Ms Rosalyn opens the door ever so carefully. She turns to me and in a low whisper insists that "We have to be quiet." I wasn't about to make loud noises, but why argue? We creep up behind the man who I thought was Ms.Rosalyn. "This is Guss." She says to me still whispering. Ms. Rosalyn places her hand on Guss' shoulder. Guss jumps up, startled. "I'm sorry, Guss. I just wanted introduce you to my friend." Guss breathes heavily and clutches his chest. He eyes me briefly. "Yeah, we met." He says and then walks away. "He's a man of very few words. Nice though." Ms. Rosalyn says to me as she takes his seat. She pulls out a chair and ushers for me to sit down next to her. I comply. She opens her purse and pulls out a tabloid magazine. " Does this look familiar?" She asks me. My eyes light up. "Yes, I was reading that at the chief's house." Ms. Rosalyn smiles. "I knew this would work." she says to herself. I turn my head slightly. "I don't understand." " Don't you see? This is how I found you." "But how?" Ms. Rosalyn folds her hands. "You see, I concentrated very hard on the text in hopes that you would recieve my message and pick up the magazine." "That's all?" Ms. Rosalyn's mouth drops slightly. "What do you mean "that's all?" this was months long task. I had to get Guss to fill in for me on occasion. Just so I could take a break. But it paid off." Ms. Rosalyn hugs me. "How did you know I would read that?" She grabs my cloth cape. "Your whimsical nature." "You focused on the ad for the x - Ray specs didn't you?" "Guilty. By the way you really don't need those things." "But things look different with them on." Ms Rosalyn inches closer. "Dear, was it the glasses that made everything different or was it you." "I think it was the glasses." Ms Rosalyn nods. "Then if that is what you need, it was the glasses." I slump back in my chair, trying to grasp the depth of what she is saying. Ms. Rosalyn stands up. "Come now, there is still much I have to show you."

No comments:

Post a Comment