Followers

Friday, July 26, 2013

Lazy Day

   It's a gray, gray rainy day today. I think it's just what I needed though. Some say rain is symbolic of God's forgiveness. A cleansing I guess you could call it. Maybe rain is even the collective consciousness of certain regions. Maybe all those people are depressed for whatever reason, and by the Earth raining it is letting out a release that the selected region would not have done themselves. Either because they can not or simply don't want to cry. You never know. I'm not even entirely sure if last night with the Octopus was a dream or a stress induced hallucination. Or if it actually did happen. One thing I do know is that I can't get it out of my head. The events keep playing in my mind. Over and over. So utterly strange. Olivia's back in California right now. I miss her terribly, but I just gotta hold on for one more day.
I think this is a good day to hold off on adventures for right now. Just relax. Not even necessarily think. But out of the corner of my eye there appears to a crow flying towards my window. It perches on my window sill. I ignore it. It taps on my window to get my attention. Still I ignore it. Doesn't it know I have no interest in the outside world today? It does not care. It taps louder and louder on my window until eventual I turn my head. "What!" I shout. The crow point's it's beak far off into the distance. "What?" I say again. The crow points to my hoodie which is tossed on the floor. "No, I don't feel like going out today." The crow's eyes widen and squaks loudly. "Fine." Even though it's just a bird, I have a feeling I am not getting out of this one. At least not easily that is. So I throw on my hoodie and lace up my shoes. There's adventure waiting to be had everywhere everyday. Whether I like it or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment