Followers

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Seriously, where's the door?

    I feel much like Steve Mcqueen in The Great Escape. All confined in this little area. The only thing I need is the baseball. I'm not even sure how I got locked in the bathroom. I mean it's a small space I should be able to find the doorknob, but I can't even find the door. Hell I'm not even sure where the wall is. It somehow got pushed back even further. Guess the only thing I can do is sit and wait for my princess to rescue me. I wonder if this is how Rapunzel felt. Granted, I don't have long hair and I'm not in a castle, but she was probably pretty bored. I get it. She was put in the tower so she couldn't have pre marital sex with the prince... That's what it was about right? It was a pro abstinence fairy tale right? It had to of been. Anyways, all I'm saying is if she was going to be locked away in a tower, they could have at least given her a book, or a sudoku magazine or something to occupy her time.  Just then I hear a knock at the door. I try and follow the sound, but my efforts are in vain. The wall is either non existent or pushed back much much further than I realized. "Olivia, is that you?" I ask the almost rhythmic knocking on the other end. "Who do you think it is?" "Hey Olive, do you think you could open the door?" I hear her jiggle the doorknob on the other side. "It's locked." "Damn it." "Babe, why don't you just open the door?" "Because I don't know where the door is." I can hear her laugh quietly to herself. "It's not that funny." I tell her. "No, it kinda is.Why where you peeing in the dark anyways?" "I wasn't. the light bulb exploded." "The light bulb exploded?" "Yeah, after I saw my blooded up reflection and tried to go through the mirror."  "Did you just say you went through the mirror?"  "No, I said I tried to go through the mirror." "That's not good." "What's not good?"  There is no response. I just hear footsteps walking away. "Hello?" I hear the footsteps rushing followed shortly by a loud thud at the door. "What the fuck?" "Hold on, I'm bustin' you out." The loud thuds continue until door is completely busted open. I'm still not sure where I am, but I can see a silhouette of Olivia clutching a bust of  Beethoven.  She can not see me, so I shout to her. "Olivia!" She creeps towards my voice, but trips over my body. The door slams shut behind her. "This is quite a pickle we seem to be in."  I say to her. "Relax, Scottie the door was busted. There's no way it could stay closed." I hear her get up and search for the door. " I Can't find it." "Not so easy, is it?"  The lights automatically come back on. We both have a look of relief on our faces. Curious, I look to the ground for glass shards. None. "How did the light bulb repair itself?" "Who cares, let's get out of here." Olivia insists. We turn our backs to open the door. That's when we hear a familiar voice. "Leaving so soon?" We turn around. We're not in the bathroom anymore. We're somehow back at the dinner party, and the Octopus does not look happy at all. Olivia and I look at each other. "What the fuck was in that whine?" She asks.  "I don't know." "Do you think we should run?" "I don't know if we can."  The Octopus wobbles over to us. "Please, sit." We reluctantly walk to the table mesmerized and horrified. The Octopus smiles once more as we take our seats. A chill runs through the air. Where we are, we do not know. How we'll get out, we do not know. But we do know we'll get out. That's a certainty.

No comments:

Post a Comment