Followers

Sunday, March 9, 2014

Patience Ain't Easy

I am the bird. I am the little birdy who wished to fly away. Fly fa,r far away. What's been stopping me? I guess my own mental restraints more than anything else. PARENTS OF THE BIRD. The invisible barrier. "Are you alright?" The Dean shouts to me as he snaps his fingers in my face. "Yeah, I was just deep in thought." "Well, come back to Earth. We need you." "Am I in trouble?" The Dean shakes his head. "No ,no, no. Quite the opposite." "Well what is going on?" "I am impressed by the work you and your friend did." "Have you been spying on me?" The Dean snorts. "No, I haven't the time to do that." "Then how do you know what happened?" "Because I told him." I turn my chair around. I see Jeff walking down the hall. "What are you doing here?" I ask him. "I work here. Surely, you had to have known that." I shake my head. " But I've been to your office." "That wasn't my office." "Then where was I?" I ask him. "We built a fake office to throw you off." The Dean explains to me. "Why?" The Dean adjusts his jacket. "Because you weren't ready yet." "Ready for what?" "I'm afraid we can't tell you that." "Damn it. What the hell is going on. I want to know now." Jeff laughs. "What the hell is so funny?" I ask him. The Dean interrupts. "It's you lack of patience that made us question your readiness in the first place." I take a deep breath. "Ok, I can be patient." The Dean smiles. "Very well. All you need to know right now is that more adventure awaits."

No comments:

Post a Comment