Followers

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

The Chase is On

No time to worry. No time to think. Just time to run. Run as fast as I can. I should be running in the opposite direction, away from the scene of the crime. But I am not an asshole. I should at least warn him about any possible danger. I zig and zag through the neighbors backyards and gangways. I hope that I have confused my stalkers. Though I am not sure, I can still hearing the black SUV speeding in the background. Eventually I reach the backyard to Jeff's ranch house. I try not to look too suspicious as I creep up to kitchen window and slide it open. I hop inside. The lights are off and it is eerily quiet. I turn on the lights. "Jeff, we need to get you out of hear." I listen carefully. I hear voices talking in the other room. Someone is here. I grab the closest thing I can find for protection. It is a wooden spoon, but it will do. Clenching the wooden spoon tightly, I gather all my strength and head into the living room. It appears to be vacant. The voices I was hearing were news anchors. They talk about a tragic train derailment. Apparently the train derailed right after taking off from the local train station. I place my spoon on the ground and pause and reflect for all the poor souls on the train. That's when I hear the the cocking of a shotgun. An angry voice cries out behind me. "Stay right where you are!"

No comments:

Post a Comment