Followers

Friday, March 7, 2014

The Code

We tore the place the apart. Top to bottom. Jeff was no where to be seen. " I don't get it." I say worriedly. The wiery Urkranian man jabs me with the shotgun. "Stop stalling and fix your mess." "What do you want me to do?" "Put things back the way they were." I gulped and guided them into the room with the computer. Papers and garbage were thrown about the room. The only light in the room was the one coming from the computer screen. The wirey man laughed upon seeing the computer. "What's so funny?" I ask him. "Your computer. It's so old." "It's not mine." "Whatever I don't care. Just fix the problem." I sit down in the swivel chair and stare deeply into the monitor. "Now!" He shouts to me impatiently. I take a deep breath. I have absolutly no idea what I am doing. The driver cracks his knuckles while the wirey man positions his shotgun. I try the only thing I can think of. I type the words PARENTS OF THE BIRD, and hit enter. A short moment later a red light flashes and sirens erupt out of no where. The wiery man and his driver panic. "What the fuck did you do?" "The only thing I knew how to do." The floor around me sinks down. "Shit, shit, shit. Let's get out of here." The two men run away as I get pulled deep down into a sub basement. Eventually the chair stops descending and I am alone in the dark. I hear footsteps inching closer to me. My chest muscles tighten up. The lights turn on. " Well done!" I hear a familiar voice exclaim to me. It's the Dean I met months and months ago. "You passed the test. However, we still have much work to do."

No comments:

Post a Comment