Followers

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

The Hill

Testing! Testing ! Testing ! My inner monologue screams. It is always something I swear. You knock down one wall, and then there is another. They say life is a test. Doesn't make it any better knowing that though. Oh well. At any rate I am currently outside, facing a cold, snowy hill. They said all I had to do was climb it. Seems easy enough, right? No ,it is a very, very steep hill, and heavy winds. So heavy that I am having trouble staying on my feet. I have to basically crawl to the top. I am cold, tired, and miserable. I want to give up, but something inside me is pushing me forward. I fall over. I am so weak at this point. But a little boy comes out of no where to help me up. He reminds me of Linus from the Peanuts comic strip. Striped shirt and everything. "Don't give up." He says to me. "You are almost at the top. And I'll be right behind you if you fall." I nod and continue my journey up the hill. He stays close behind the whole. Though in retrospect I wonder if he could have caught me if I fell. Who knows? At any rate, I reached the top of the hill. It did feel nice to accomplish that till I realized the boy was no where to be seen. Was he a stress induced hallucination? I didn't think so, but it also didn't look like he feel off the hill either. He was no where to be seen. Before I could contemplate the matter any further a door opened up. It was attached to what I thought was sky at the time. Turns out it was just a wall. I had no idea what was on the other side of this door , but I knew it was my time to walk through.

No comments:

Post a Comment