Followers

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

A Starry Kitchen

The ceiling opened up into a beautiful starry sky. I sat and piered at the sky for a while. Pondering my existence. To say the cliche, you really do feel small when looking at all the stars. I used to think that was a depressing statement. It's true though, you do feel small, and your goals, hopes, and aspirations do seem insignificant. But that is not necessarily a sad thing. Nothing is fixed. Everything changes constantly. Holding on too tightly to anything will cause strife. As hard as it may be, you gotta let go. Trust that your next big adventure is just around the corner. I feel a hand on my shoulder, and I look up. It's the Dean. "Well done." He says to me with a satisfactory smile. "Is that the end of the tests?" I ask him. "For now." "What about the overlapping realities? We must fix that." " We will do nothing of the sort." He says to me sternly. "And why not?" "Only a select few people can feel the overlapping realities, you included. This will be your curse and blessing." "What about the Ukrainian men with shotguns?" "What about them?" "Aren't they terrorists?" "Just because they were foreign and had guns does not mean that they are terrorists." "Then what were they?" The Dean shrugs. "Beats me.Obviously some people didn't like what you did" "That's it?" The Dean nods. "That's it, there will always be people like that." I sigh and glance at a shooting star. "So what now?" I ask him. "Whatever you want." "What now?" I think to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment