Followers

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Letter to Me

Up and and down, and side to side. My nausia is at an all time high. Apparantly I do not fair well on boats. Or at least not long boats. Yes, I am on a long boat. Very similiar to the Mayflower that one reads about in elementary school. This is a rough and rocky journey, but it had to happen. I'm in the long cabin right now. I dare not travel to the deck. I fear not being swallowed by the sea, but rather the contents of my stomach coming to surface. I let out a deep sigh. There is only one thing to do at this moment. I take out an old fashioned pen with the feather on the end. I search for a sheet of paper. The only thing I can seem to find is a yellowish, somewhat decayed piece of paper. "That'll do." I think to myself. Now to begin my catharsis. Dear Self, You have a long way to go. You know this. But don't worry, walk tall. You have come a long way. Recognize this. Feel the cool breeze on your back and know that you are not alone. Keep walking, don't stop. Don't let your legs give out. Today it is raining, but tomorrow it could be sunny again.... I scratch my head with end of the pen. It's funny, I had all the words in my head, but now... I don't know where they went. Perhaps I am trying to hard. I look over the letter to myself. "Yes, this shall do." I roll up the letter and place it in a glass bottle. I push myself off the cot and stumble to a tiny window in my room. I nearly fall over. Walking on a rocky boat is more difficult than would think. But I make it to the window with minimal strain. I open the window and toss the bottle out to sea. I wave "goodbye" as it floats away. A destination unknown, but I will be reunited with it at just the right time.

No comments:

Post a Comment