Followers

Sunday, April 20, 2014

Tattoo Messages

Like most people , I seem to have an inner conflict. It's two different voices bickering back and forth. One voice is the one who speaks to the the me that I want to be. The other voice speaks to the me that I think I should be. They both seem to make compelling arguments. The one voice tells me to throw away the red hood and cape for good and to give up this fantasy lifestyle. The other voice chimes in. It tells me that I can not do that. That I'ts "blasphemy." That that is me whether I like it or not. The two of them go back and forth like this for hours. Neither one of them backs down, and the end result is a colossal headache for me. I end up reaching for an aspirin. It helps for a few hours, but then they end up fighting again. I try not to get involved in their fights. It only drags it out and makes it worse. So I zone out as best as I can. I notice that whenever I do this, the voice who wants me to keep the red hood and cape sends me messages. The first message he sent me was a tattoo of me with the red hood and cape on my back. It was very grand and larger than life. Granted I am not a fan of back tattoos, but it was impressive none the less. Luckily, it was not permanent. It washed off. That message prompted the other voice to send his own message for me. I saw on my right arm one morning a more cartoonish version of me with the red hood and cape. This one depicted me with devil horns and holding some sort of machine gun that shot spears. I didn't get it. Was it trying to tell me that I am a bad person and should feel bad about who I am? A moment later the first voice counters with a more positive tattoo. This one showed me with a red hood and cape working out. Exercise the demons perhaps? It seemed to make sense at the time. So I went for a long, long walk by myself. By the time I came back, they were at each other's throats again. This time , it was really heated. Blue squiggle marks were magically appearing on my arm only to be erased seconds later. Back and forth this went. Both of them trying to send me a message. One would try and draw while the other was erasing at the same time. In the end, there was a brief silence followed by a blue squiggle that turned into me with the red hood and cape. But this one had angel wings. I guess you could say good triumphed. I'm looking at the pen mark now. Maybe this is me after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment