Followers

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Half Awake

Procrastination, when you think of it is the easiest form of rebelling. I believe that everyone does it to some degree. From the employee putting off reports for his boss to the student delaying studying for a test. Why do we do it? For one, it gives us a sense of power. Even if it may not be to our benefit, putting things off can have an immediate gratification. Just knowing that you did it when you wanted to not when they wanted to. Procrastination can be justified for a more simple reason though, the future can be scary. The future, however is not something that one can fight. Resist it and you will become a relic. A shadow. An outdated piece of technology. I know this is not exactly the most up piece I can offer, and it seems ironic that I am going on and on about procrastination as I am currently lying motionless on the floor. I've been here so long that I think the carpet is starting to make a pattern on my face. My body feels like it melted. I should get up probably. I decided I'm going to keep on being SparkyBoy. I don't expect anyone to understand, but it felt right to me. Just like being half awake on floor feels right at this moment. I should get up though. Ok, on the count of 3 I'll get up. I'll get up and then I'll do... something. I don't know what yet but I'll do something. One....Two... Three.... Well here I am world.

No comments:

Post a Comment