Followers

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Up Through the Atmosphere

Olivia smiles like a child as she leads the way high above the Earth. "Isn't this great? I feel just like Marry Poppins." She says to me. "And you could be Burt, you'd make such a good Burt." I smile and nod. "So where are we going anyway?" I ask. "Wouldn't you like to know?" "Actually, yes, I would." Olivia looks back at me. "All in good time." She assures me. Out of no where an angry, fiery dragon appears just feet below us. "Watch out!" I shout to Olivia. "I got this." She says confidently. Olivia extends her free arm and shoots pink, cartoon hearts out of her palm. The hearts hit the face of the dragon. His eyes light up and a big smile comes across his face. "Don't worry, he won't bother us any more." She tells me. I watch the dragon fly peacefully below us for a moment. Olivia interrupts my studying. "So what's your superpower?" "I don't know. Weird shit just sorta happens around me." Olivia snorts. "That's not a superpower. That's just called being in the right place at the right time." "Then I guess I am always in the right place at the right time." I tell her. Olivia shakes her head. "You wanna know where we're going?" "Yeah." "We're gonna see The Minstrel." "The Minstrel?" I ask, puzzled. "Yeah, and that is all you need to know right now."

No comments:

Post a Comment