Followers

Sunday, May 4, 2014

Park at Sundown

PLAYGROUND EQUIPMENT FOR AGES 3 - 12. PARK CLOSES AT SUNDOWN. I am currently breaking both of those rules as I am not between the ages of three and twelve, and it is well past sundown. It doesn't matter that all I'm doing is sitting on a swing, contemplating the complexities of life. They'll send the dogs. They'll bring out the SWAT team with their guns. Why? Because rules were made for a reason, damn it. There is always a rule. You can try and be a "good" person and follow every single one, but your life becomes increasingly limited as a result. So the obvious option seems to be to deviate. To follow your own path. A sense of joy can be accomplished is this respect. However, a host of other problems comes of this option. One of which is jealousy amongst other people. Unfortunately, some people can not deal with the happiness of others. Especially when they found their own way. A way that is far from the norm. Then of course there is the other problem, you are never away from yourself. It is not exactly easy to reprogram one's mind and embrace a new and better way of thinking. At least for me it's not. Look at me. I'm starting to depress myself again. I guess it's time to get the blood moving. That usually helps. I pump my legs and swing higher and higher. Faster and faster. Until... I fly off.

No comments:

Post a Comment