Followers

Saturday, December 23, 2017

Knee Deep

The dirt was as hard as rocks, but we were able to make a hole that was knee deep. At that point our muscles were beyond sore. We decided that was a good point to stop. We stood in the hole, fooling ourselves that it was that much warmer in there. Perhaps it actually was, I may never truly know. Real or imagined, we didn't get to enjoy the newfound warmth for very long. The next thing we knew there was a monstrous downpour. The little hole that we were standing in filled with rain water faster then we knew what hit us. And then, it went away as quickly as it came. I looked down. Cold mud wrapped itself around our legs. I tried to lift my leg out of the hole, but I found myself paralyzed. I looked down again. The mud turned to cement. We were stuck, knee deep in a hole, and it seemed there was no getting out.

No comments:

Post a Comment