Followers

Thursday, December 28, 2017

Toying with Us

Admitedly, I know virtually nothing about vultures. I don't know their temperament. I don't know if it is a good idea to stay perfectly still while it is sizing you up, but that's what I did. Maybe I thought it would be like in Jurassic Park when Grant and Lex tried to remain perfectly still to avoid being eating by a T  - Rex. After all aren't birds and dinosaurs practically the same thing? It studied for me for a long time. It felt as if it was looking deeply into my soul, pulling up cold feelings of despair and hopelessness. Somehow Olivia slept through the whole ordeal. I wanted to wake her, but I knew the moment I did, that's when he would strike. So, I'd wait it out. Let him toy with me. Let him think he won. Eventually he got to me. I snapped , shouting out "Make your move." The vulture squawked loudly. This was it. He was going rip out my liver and peck out my eyes. It opened its mouth wide and spread its wings. There was only one option left. I shook Olivia awake. Thankfully, I didn't have to explain the situation. I don't think she even fully opened her eyes. She simply extended her arm and shot a pink heart at the vulture. The vulture then lowered it's wings and closed its beak. It appeared stunned but unharmed. "That was very bad what you were about to do." Olivia says. "But we'll forgive you as long as you can get us out of here."

No comments:

Post a Comment