Followers

Sunday, December 3, 2017

Stranded

The vultures started to circle the van. They knew it was only a matter of time till Olivia and I gave into our tiredness. Then they'd attack. They'd peck out our eyes. Rip out out livers. Do all sorts of grotesque, unspeakable things. I tapped my fingers on the dashboard. I felt that if I tapped them enough the answer would pop into my brain. "We can't stay here." Olivia says. "I know." "But if we leave we won't get far." "I know." I turn to Olivia. "What do we do?" "I don't know. And there's no signal on our phones so it's not as if we can call for help." I take a deep breath. I then open my door. "What are you doing?" She shouts. "We gotta get out of here." I say. "Yeah. But where are you going?" "I don't know. We have to leave though. We'll die here." "We'll die if we walk too." "Maybe. Maybe not."

No comments:

Post a Comment