Followers

Friday, October 25, 2013

Surprise?

The air at Jeff's place is thick. It almost feel like there is an anaconda wrapped around me. Pulling tighter and tighter. Restricting my breathing. I'm waiting in the dark, staring at his front door. Hopefully he shows up soon. I do not want to pass out. I hear keys jingling on the other side. I get in to my proper stance with my fists clenched at my sides. Before the door even opens all the way, I verbally assault Jeff. "Listen, you bastard. Tell me everything you know, everything." I shout to him. Jeff barely responds. He flips the light switch on and walks to the kitchen as if nothing happened. I follow him. "Where is she?" He casually grabs a beer from the refrigerator. "How should I know?" "You're her grandson." I explain to him. "Doesn't mean I know where she is." He offers me a beer. I shake my head no. He shrugs. "I'm not her keeper, she'll go where she goes." He tells me. "Why did you hire me in the first place?" Jeff takes a swig of his beer. "I'm sure you've done enough digging by this point to know that she was into the occult and I don't approve of any of that sfuff." "Yeah?" "Well then I found you, don't ask me how,but I did. And I thought if any one can talk her out of whatever she's into it would be this wacko that's in my kitchen right now." "Thanks?" Jeff raises his beer as if to salute. "Don't mention it. Anyways her will is strong. A lot stronger than one would assume. So when she felt that she was in danger she hid herself." "Where?" "I don't know, but she'll be back." "How could you be so calm about this when no too long ago you were freaking out?" "I had some time to think. She'll be ok." I squint at him. "I'm expected to believe this?" "If you want ." I stand there, bewildered for a moment. "You should take the night off, watch the game with me." He says. "I don't watch sports." Jeff smirks and shakes his head. "Of corse you don't."

No comments:

Post a Comment