Followers

Monday, October 7, 2013

The Hero Emerges

Where am I today? Who am I today? My energy feels absolutely drained, and I can not seem to think. At least not much. All I want to do at the moment is stare out into space. Not move for any one or anything. The seasons are changing, or so I've been told. I don't feel too much in the mood for anything right now. I'm not depressed, just tired and confused. I guess that's ok though. Pretty much every great super hero has some sort of fundamental flaw. Yes, I know. I am aware of what I just said. I remember specifically not wanting to be called a hero. Maybe it was the idea  of knowing that I could be something  greater than what I am that freaked me out. I was happy being a punk with a red cape. But that's not enough anymore. I want more. Like I said, every great superhero has some sort of fundamental flaw. Superman has kryptonite, Daredevil is blind, The Incredible Hulk goes into uncontrollable fits of rage, and Iron Man is an alcoholic. Meanwhile, I am somewhat neurotic and doubt myself more than I'd care to admit. That being said, I think I'm finally ready to emerge as the hero. Flaws and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment