Followers

Thursday, October 3, 2013

The Tape

Convenience stores can no longer be called convenience stores when you have to go to another town just to find what you are looking for. Granted a tape player is not exactly something that everyone has these days. It still is irksome though.But it is time to put all that aside and see what this tape has to tell me. I sit on the curb outside the convenience store and plop the cassette into the tape player. I throw on my huge pilot headphones and I listen. Nothing. For a minute all can hear is the tape slowly winding and then a voice. "Could you tell us your name."  "My name?" "Yes, please." "My name is Barbara Rosalyn."  "And why did you want to undergo this procedure?"  There is is a slight pause. "Well there are things. Things that I wish to know about myself."  "What are these things?" "Time has not been good to me. I want to remember more. Even if they are bad memories I want to remember them." "You are fairly sharp, Barbara."  "That is very kind of you to say, but I can feel my memory slipping even as we speak. I just want a more satisfactory life. I want to feel more."  "I understand. That will be all, Barbara." "Thank you."  With that the tape ended.  It's hard to believe , all this poor woman wanted was happiness. Maybe the idea of Ms Rosalyn being depressed was too much for Jeff to handle, so he had stop the mission. It doesn't explain how he got a hold of the tape or where she went, but I won't stop looking. I won't give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment