Followers

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Being the Janitor

Call me Doug. For all extensive purposes my name is Doug today. Why you ask. Because I am wearing Doug's jump suit. While walking past the janitor's closet, I happened to notice that the door was ajar. Not wanting to be caught again, I took advantage of this golden opportunity.I have no idea what this Doug looks like, but I figure as long as I push this big, grey trashcan, and walk with confidence as if I am him, then no one will be the wiser. Plus, I have a feeling that no one here has the slightest idea of what this man looks like. They are most likely too engrossed in their own work to pay any attention to this lowly janitor. As I exit the elevator and enter micro city of third floor office cubicles, I notice that my theory is correct. No one looks up from their monitors as I pier into their cubicle and take their crash. I don't think they even heard the ding when the elevator doors opened.
This office is extensive. I have only been here a few minutes, but it feels like hours. It is exhausting, and I am about ready to give up when what do I see.... a patch of red hair on a tall man peeking out of a center cubicle. I sneak over to his cubicle with my trash can. "Garbage?" I ask casually as I roll in. "No." He replies coldly. "How about a grandmother?" Jeff turns around, and looks up at me annoyed. "Where is she?" I ask him.  "I don't know." "Bullshit, where is she?" Jeff laughs to himself. "You know there are cameras everywhere." "I don't care, where is she?" I say again sounding like a broken record. "You're a psycho." "That could be true. But where is she?" Jeff shakes his head. " If I talked to you, would you leave me alone?" "It depends on what you had to say." Jeff rolls his eyes. He types a few numbers into the computer and hits enter. "Come on." He says. "Let's get a coffee."

No comments:

Post a Comment