Followers

Monday, November 11, 2013

The Guards

I am surrounded by darkness, but luckily I have a pack of matches for such a case. I reach into my pocket and grab the pack of matches. I strike a match, but unfortunately it does not stay lit long enough to give me any indication of where I am. So I rely partially on my other senses. I creep down the hallway, listening carefully for any noises that would be out of the ordinary. Every so often I strike another match. It is almost like a less obnoxious version of a strobe lite. All I get are fragments here and there. A stone floor, a leaky roof, spiders, rats, but nothing could prepare me for what I was about to see. A huge wooden door guarded by three adult bengal tigers. I tried to remain absolutely, absolutely calm as the tigers stared me down. Then my last match went out. If I wasn't in danger before, I surely was now. I didn't know what do to. They had already seen me, and turning around seemed just as if not more dangerous. So I persued. I walked on, hoping that I would not be mauled. I literally tip toed and stepped lightly. I could hear their yawns and feel their breaths on my ankles. After what felt like an eternity, I felt my hand on the wooden door. I searched for the handle. The door was unlocked and I there was no fight from the tigers. I opened the door and was greeted with a ray of sunlight.

No comments:

Post a Comment