Followers

Sunday, November 3, 2013

Jackie Boy

Whoever said "There's no time like the present" obviously never spent time in limbo. I shouldn't complain. It could be worse. Much worse. Jackie Boy(turns out that was my Jack- O- Lantern's name) took me to a bar. Let me tell you, Jackie Boy was the life of the party. I know he's a fucking Jack-O-Lantern, but it's true. Women wanted him and Men wanted to be him. He ordered rounds for everybody. Kinda makes me wonder how he paid for it. The bartender didn't seem to mind though. He knew Jackie Boy was good for it. All night long he cracked jokes and told stories. The stories mostly revolved around him growing up in a pumpkin patch. He was very animated though, and the people hung on to his every word. I laughed and I smiled. It made me wish I was him. So confident, so sure of himself. Eventually the crowd thinned out and the lights dimmed. It was time to go home. I had spent a decent amount of time in heaven, but it was time to go back to what most refer to as reality. I asked Jackie Boy if he was coming back with me. He shook and said no because his journey is elsewhere. I asked what he meant by that. "I'm a pumpkin.Who knows how long I have until I rot. I want to see the world." He told me. He then went on to explain I could join him. I declined his offer stateing that I couldn't go just yet for I was still needed. What I was needed for, I have absolutely no idea. At that hour though it made perfect sense to say. Maybe years later it would be perfectly clear. But Jackie boy smiled a knowing pumpkin smile. As Jack - O - Lanterns often do. Just then I heard the roaring of a loud motorcycle , and who should I see walking into the bar, but none other than Mike Pumpkin head. Made perfect sense to me. Except this time he was not expecting to see me at all. "Hey buddy." He shouted to me. "What brought you here?" I asked him even though I knew this was more his domain then mine. He pointed to Jackie Boy. "You know him?" I asked. "Fuck yeah I know him. We're going a road trip of America. You wanna come with us?" I gave him the same line that I gave Jackie Boy. However, this time there was slightly less certainty in my voice. "Alight, we should take off then." He grabbed Jackie Boy and started to exit. "I'll see you around." I said, trying to covince myself that I was reassuring him. "You know you will." He said with grin. He then took off into the night going back to wherever he came from.

No comments:

Post a Comment