Followers

Friday, August 22, 2014

3rd Eye Mask?

I said helmet. What I really meant to say was mask. It looks very much like a World War II gas mask. It's grey and has big eyes. It even has some weight to it. "Should we try it out?" Olivia asks me. "Yeah, who first?" "You should go first." I'm not sure if she wants me to try the mask on first because I found it or because she isn't sure what will happen. I take the less cynical choice. I put the mask on. I can't imagine anyone wearing this for a long period of time. It's heavy and the plastic lens for eyes are so dirty. I can barely see out of them. "You see anything?" Olivia asks me. Even though she is right next to me, I can hardly hear her. It is as if she is whispering to me. I shake my head no. "Maybe this will help." She flicks the diamond that is embedded in the forehead on the mask. It doesn't do anything. I'm about to take of the mask, feeling sure that there is nothing more to this when all of a sudden I see green holographic images standing on either side of Olivia. They are faint at first, but then they become crystal clear to me. It's Abraham Lincoln and George Washington. I wave to them. To my surprise, they wave back. Olivia glances over her shoulder. "Who are you waving to?" "Abraham Lincoln and George Washington." "What?" I take off the mask and hand it to her. "You gotta try this. It's wild." Olivia puts the mask on. It's funny seeing this huge mask on her. It almost looks like the face of a bug on a human's body. I can only guess what it looked like on me though. "So cool." She shouts out. "Do you see them?" "Even better." "What do you see?" "Those little guys from the Star Wars movies. You know they're little and they kinda look like bears?" "The E - Walks?" "Yeah!" Unbelievable, I see dead presidents, and she sees fictional characters. Maybe it's not a third eye mask. Maybe it's something else. I hear the caw of a falcon coming my way. This massive bird swoops down by Olivia. It rest next to her, half submerged in the water. “ And now I see a huge falcon.” She tells me. “ I see it too. “ It really is a massive bird. Huge doesn’t do it justice. It’s body is probably the size of an adult horse. Olivia takes off the mask. The falcon releases a letter from its beak and drops it in Olivia’s lap. She skims it over quickly. “ I must go.” She hugs me sweetly. She tries to pull away from the hug, I bring her back in. “I’ll be back in a couple days.” She reasures me. She mounts the bird, blows me a kiss, and like that she is off into the sky

No comments:

Post a Comment