Followers

Friday, August 8, 2014

Tree House City

We stand on a ledge and look down on the civilization below us. It really is remarkable. Using the word Tree House to describe their village really doesn't do justice. It is more like a city. All the homes have multiple levels, there are bridges that connect them, and they even use a pulley system for an elevator. It really is a fantasy land. "Amazing, isn't it?" Olivia says to me while looking on in wonderment. "It is, how do you think they did it?" Olivia furrows her brow. "What do you mean?" I shrug. " I mean they're just kids, how do you think they did it?" "You don't think they could have done it on their own?" "Honestly, no." Olivia is somewhat shocked. "Why do you say that?" "Do you see how advanced this city is?" "Yeah, so? They could be smart kids." She quips. "People don't just build civilizations however smart they may be. There had to have been some sort of influence. Even if it was subtle." "So who do you think influenced them?" I smile to myself. "What?" She asks, a little frustrated. "Remember that nursery we were in? Before we got abducted?" I ask. "You think an alien race helped them build this city?" I half smile. "You never know." Olivia attempts to make a come back, but she is interrupted by a loud horn. We look down below and see the children running off to the clearing. "What do you think that was?" I ask. "My guess was the dinner bell." Olivia starts to walk away then turns back. "Let's get something to eat and forget about any conspiracies for a while." Forget about it? Easy for her to say. There is a connection here. I'm sure of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment