Followers

Monday, August 25, 2014

Back to Land

As soon as my partner in crime left, my protective bubble popped. I guess the bubble could only stick around as long as Olivia was there. It was a shock at first as I plummeted into the water without warning. You know what they say though, sink or swim. So I swam. I was a little jostled, and my equilibrium was thrown off, but I managed to hold on to the mask. I couldn't let that treasure go. I made it back to the beach collapsing with a lung full of water and the thought of "How did I get back here?" Well my girl is currently away, but I need to do something to pass the time. I place the mask back on my face. I see the green holographic image of George Washington. This time he is playing checkers by himself. "Where's Lincoln?" I ask him. George Washington looks up from his checkers. "He's in the latrine. But between you and me, I could use the break. He's a bit of a downer." "Yeah, I heard he had depressive tendencies." "Had?" "Alright, be nice. He's been through alot." "So have I." Washington remarks coldly. "I get it. You had to form a nation while keeping your ties to a secret society under wraps." Washington looks up from the game. "Secret society?" "Yeah, the Freemasons. Don't worry, it's not really a big deal anymore." Washington still appears baffled, but he shakes it off. "My partner appears to have gone missing. Would you fill in for him?" I shrug. "Why not?"

No comments:

Post a Comment