Followers

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

King Me!

I don't think I had played checkers since grade school. About the time when I was first started learning about good 'ol Georgie. One of the many things they don't tell you in school about our first president is that he is a demon at board games. He also trash talks. I'm just glad we are not playing for money. At least I don't think we are. I mean he would have said something if we were, right? "King me!" A very excited George Washington proclaims. "I thought you were against a monarchy." Washington rolls his eyes. "Are you going to say that every single time?" "Well, it hasn't gotten old yet." Washington sighs and flips out his pocket watch. "What's a matte? You got a hot date?" I snicker. "I am wondering where the devil Mr. Lincoln is." "Probably exploring the island. There is a lot going on." Washington leans in. "Such as?" "There is society of kids that live in tress." Washington's eyes widen. "We shall seek this place." "I don't know, they kinda kicked us out." "Nonsense, they will see me and know that I am of authority." "Yeah, that will go over well. A dead president that only I can see." Washington smiles and stands up. "You agree? We must go?" My guess is that the eighteenth century did not use sarcasm to the extent that we do today. Plus as soon as I mentioned the kids on the island, it was like I could see his mind exploding with possibility. So what could I say other than "Let's go?"

No comments:

Post a Comment