Followers

Sunday, August 10, 2014

Kicked Out

When is the right time to ask if an alien race help to build a society? Apparently not during dinner. The kids did not take kindly to my suggestion. I don’ t know why. I mean I could have said way worse things. At any rate they were offended and kicked us out of their society. A light punishment if you ask me. They could have easily killed us. I don’t think Olivia thinks the same. She’s giving me the “I told you “ stare as we mere off into the forest. “Are you happy?” She asks me. “No, not in the slightest.” “Why did you want to know so bad?” “Because I know there is more to the story.” Olivia shakes her head. “There will always be more to the story.” I stop in my tracks. “What does that mean?” “If you dig deep enough, you can find anything you want out.” She says simply. I pause and try to refute her claim. “Don’t you like a good adventure?” I ask. “ I do. But we jump around from place to place so often. Don’t you want to just sit back for 5 min, enjoy whats going on and not worry about hidden agendas or conspiracies?” I take a deep breath. “ I do.” “But?” She says, trying to pull the words out of my mouth. “ But I couldn’t sit still if I wanted to.” I explain with a burst of energy as I continue my march forward. Olivia half smiles and shouts up to me. “ I knew you’d say that.” I turn around. “ Subconsciously I realize you’re right. I just haven’t learned that yet.” I continue my pace. Olivia stays back for a moment, puzzled. “What does that mean?” She asks herself.

No comments:

Post a Comment