Followers

Thursday, August 7, 2014

His Name is Ralph

What does rat taste like? Well, it doesn't taste like chicken. That's for damn sure. I tried to imagine eating chicken or at least something pleasant while biting down on the rodent. All I could think of was this slimy, gross creature I was just about to ingest. So it wasn't exactly the best experience. But you know what the say... When in Rome, eat whatever the fuck the Romans are eating. The feral child's name is Ralph. As in the leader of children in Lord of the Flies. I don't know if it is purely a coincidence because most of the kids look as if they are too young to have read the novel. You never know though. "How did you guys get here?" Olivia asks Ralph. "We've always been here." "You were born here?" Olivia questions. "This is were we became alive." Ralph says with his eyes wide open. "That's fascinating. So what do you guys do for fun?" I ask. Ralph doesn't understand the question. He simply replies, "This." Olivia and I look around to a cluster of kids running around, fighting, throwing spears, basically doing what they pleased. I stand up. " Well, it's a lovely establishment, but we should get going." "You can stay." Ralph exclaims. Olivia looks up at me. "You want to?" I try and search for an excuse. "There is other things we have to do." "There will always be other tings to do. Let's explore at least." I nod my head and sit back down. I look Ralph in the eye. "We'll stay a little while."

No comments:

Post a Comment