Followers

Thursday, October 27, 2016

Cold Dawn

The sun lit the way, but it did not warm our bones. There was a cold air that lingered. "Looks like winter is coming." I say with chartered teeth. "Yeah it sure got colder." Olivia replies. "I don't know what you guys are complaing about." Norm says. "That's because you guys have fur." I inform. "Maybe. I still wouldn't complain even if I didn't." I shake my head. "Let's just keep walking. We gotta be near the city limits." "How do you know?" Norm asks. "I don't. " "Don't fight." Olivia scolds. We all walk in silence for the next few minutes. No one utters a word until we take a turn and see a giant, yellow ball on the street. Everyone else is fascinated, but I know what it is right away and want to turn around. "What is it?" Olivia asks. "I don't know, but it's amazing." Norm says. "Guys don't look at that. We gotta turn around." But my words were no use . They were like moths to a flame.

No comments:

Post a Comment