Followers

Monday, October 24, 2016

Menacing Night

Things are not what they seem in the dark. The imagination runs wild. Things appear in the corner of your eye that you never knew existed, and chills run down your spin as every sound is amplified. We heard howling wolves. Saw the pink aliens in the distance, and smelled danger at every turn. The one thing we decided to do was to counter the numerous menaces by shouting "I'm not afraid of you" whenever they popped up. It did not stop them from appearing, but it certainly helped ease our troubled minds as we continued to walk into an what seemed to be an endless night. "When does the sun come up?" Norm asks. "I don't know. I can't see my watch, and even if I could I doubt that would help." I reply. "Then we must journey onward." Olivia declares.

No comments:

Post a Comment