Followers

Sunday, October 23, 2016

Nightfall

We now had a fox and a raccoon on our side. Perhaps they weren't my first of choices, but if there were a chance that we'd be stuck in the middle of a war, we needed all the help we could get. We walked the cracked and broken streets of the abandoned city all day. Our legs were tired, and everything looked the same, but we knew we couldn't stop. If we stopped, that could be the end. "How long have we been walking?" Norm complains. "I don't know. I never checked my watch." I reply. "It feels like forever." He groans. Freddy shushes him. Norm is offended, but he shuts up. "Thank you. He was getting out of hand." Olivia says. "No, listen." Freddy instructs. A cold wind blows past us. It takes out all the lights, leaving us in utter darkness. "What the hell just happened?" I ask, not being able to see my own hand. "Nightfall." Freddy responds. Olivia sighs. A second later she throws up a huge bubble that wraps around the four of us. It lets off a little bit of light. Olivia turns to us. "We walk in darkness now."

No comments:

Post a Comment