Followers

Friday, October 21, 2016

Storytime

We sat in eager anticipation and waited for Freddy to tell us his story. Instead of talking, he just sat there eating jelly beans. Finally, Olivia broke the weird silence. "Freddy, aren't you gonna tell us what happened?" "Hmm?" "How'd you get here?" Freddy opens his eyes wide and eats another jelly bean. "I don't think he wants to talk now." Norm says. "He doesn't have to, but I am curious what happened." I reply. "Who cares? He's here now and that's all we need to know." Norm says, patting Freddy on the back. I sigh. "I guess. It just is all very odd. I mean what was going on with Sgt. Rogers back there?" Freddy rolls his eyes. Olivia notices right away. "Something we should know about her?" She asks. Freddy shakes his head. "She's not bad, not bad." "But?" Olivia says, trying to get him to talk more. "There is a war going on. A war for power." Olivia stands up. "We gotta get out of here." She announces. "Where?" I ask. "I don't know,but you heard him. There's a war going on, and I'm not about to get stuck in the middle of it."

No comments:

Post a Comment