Followers

Monday, October 31, 2016

Make A Deal

"Who do you think that could be?" Norm asks, worridly. "I don't know , but it can't be anyone good." I respond. "It can't be anyone bad either." Davies shouts from around the corner. "Is that you, Davies?" I ask. There is no response. "I said is that you?" A moment later Davies casually walks around the corner. "Yes, it is I." "We're not afraid of you."  Olivia shouts. "I'm not afraid of you. Why should I be? There is far more of us than you. We're everywhere." Davies says calmly. "What do you want?" I ask with gritted teeth. "I want you to stop this nonsense." "What nonsense? Eagle Eyes let us go." "That's only because he knew you'd never get past the city limits. He knew you'd never escape." "He's wrong." Olivia replies. "If he's wrong then why are you still here?" Davies questions. The four of us are speechless. Davies clears his throat. "There's a war going on. Join us." "No." I say, firmly. Davies tilts his head slightly. "No?" Olivia stands up straight. "That's right. No." Davies turns red. "Fine. We won't recruit you, and we won't attack you, but don't you dare expect us to defend you again." With that Davies turned and walked away.

No comments:

Post a Comment