Followers

Sunday, October 30, 2016

Souvenier

"Where are you looking?" Olivia asks. "Trying to figure out where Eagle Eyes is. He did that." "Then we should thank him." "Maybe. I'm still feeling a little concerned that I can't see him. I don't trust him one bit." "Even though he just saved us?" Olivia questions. "That doesn't mean anything. We aren't exactly on the best terms. Where is Norm?" I say, trying my best to change the subject. Norm slides down from the nearest building. "Here I am." He shouts. "Glad you finally showed up." I scold. "Hey, what was I to do? I didn't mean to leave you miles behind, but my animal instincts kicked in." I sigh. "Well, at least we are all ok." "We sure are." Norm looks at the ground and sees a yellow ball. It is roughly the size of a snow globe. He picks it up, juggling it from paw to paw. Obviously it is still hot. "Put it down." I say, tiredly. "I got a better idea." Norm then places the yellow ball in Freddy's vest pocket. "How's that, Freddy?" He asks. "Good." "Not too hot?" "Nope." "What are you doing?" I ask. "Souvenir. Something for the memories." I shake my head. "Whatever. What now?" Before anyone can answer a steel door can be heard opening nearby. Olivia clenches her fists. "We stay on guard."

No comments:

Post a Comment