Followers

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

A Tolkien esq Forest

I did one of those things that they tell you not to do. I signed a contract without reading it. I don't even know what it is for. All I know is that in a little less than a week from today I am to show up somewhere in the city. I have no idea where, I just have to be in the city. Then once I'm there something is supposed to happen. I'd say this is odd, but I've seen a lot of weird shit. So far this is nothing. I'm not gonna try and wrap my head around this any more right now. I will simply enjoy my walk. The air is crisp, and I am deep in a forest. There is a stone path that guides my way. Big, beautiful, full trees are on either side. Occasionally I will see small homes made out of bendy, twisty trees. It is almost as if J.R. Tolkien created this land. In the distance I can hear a goat. I try and turn my head to see it, no such luck. I am having so much fun walking along the stone path, glancing at pretty homes made of twisty trees, and then directly ahead of me I see a grizzly bear. He does not spot me, and I feel no fear, but I know well enough not to venture further. At least not yet. I watch him as he crawls into one of the homes made of twisty trees. Part of me wants to take a step back. I know I can not do that though. I keep observing. Another bear follows shortly into the home. Perhaps his wife. I feel a strange peace as I observe them. I actually want to walk over there and knock on their front door. I will restrain myself for them moment though and simply watch in silence.

No comments:

Post a Comment