Followers

Thursday, December 5, 2013

The Grizzles

Perhaps it is a bit of being naive , but something inside me says that it is alright to venture into the bears' home. I knock three times on the wooden door. The grizzle bear answers the door. He glances at me for a moment then walks away leaving the front door wide open. It's a big assumption but I figure that he wants me to walk in. The inside of the house is lovely. Hardwood floors, an old 1940's stove, and a candle chandelier. Mr. Bear, or whatever he likes to be known by reclines in a red leather chair and reads his newspaper. His wife wonders about the house aimlessly. Neither one seem to care that I am there. They both go about their business as if it were not there. Perhaps it is nothing. I mean maybe they get visitors all the time. Still I'm not sure why I am here. I shrug it off deciding to focus on the invigorating aroma coming from the kitchen instead. I walk over to the kitchen. There appears to be some sort of soup cooking. I casually look around. No one is watching, so I pick up a wooden spoon and attempt to taste the soup. out of no where Mrs. Bear stomps in a smacks the spoon out of my hand. She then points to the living room. Guess she didn't want me to stay in the kitchen knowing that I'd be eating the food. I walk into the living room that is currently being occupied by Mr. Bear. let me tell yeah he didn't look all that happy knowing that his space was know taken over by another body. He was even less thrilled when I plopped down on the floor and turned on the radio. Mr. Bear cleared his throat. I sighed and turned off the radio. Some what bored I taped my fingers on the hardwood floor. Mr. Bear glanced up at me. Signaling me to stop that. I complied and opted to twittle my thumbs in silence. Mr. Bear handed me a section of the newspaper he was done with. It was just a department store ad, but I had nothing else to do so I started to read it. Mr. Bear sighed and turned my paper over. It was an article about a pie making contest in the city. A light bulb went on. That's what I sighed up for. It wasn't anything bad, and I could do this no problem. I sprung up from the floor and was about to leave when Mrs. Bear stopped me. She shook her head and pointed to the kitchen which was made up nicely with her soup ready to be eaten. Ok, I guess I could leave after a nice, hot meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment