Followers

Sunday, December 29, 2013

Weathering the Storm

Storm of the century would be an accurate description of what is going on right now. Never have I witnessed a storm like this one that I am in right now. It is pouring down so hard that the water is forming into a gigantic lake. Furious winds are creating title waves, and lightning strikes the tops of the now almost submerged trees creating fires. And here I am bobbing like crazy, trying to keep my head above the water. I notice the lightning striking the trees and realize there is no safe place away from the lightning. What little land I see is covered in trees, and water serves as an equally good, if not better conductor. I take a deep breath and plunge underwater. Just like any other lake it is murky. I decide my best bet is to close my eyes and feel around. I don't want anything getting in my eyes. I feel what appears to be a long strand of sea weed. I tug on the sea weed as if it were a rope. It pulls me down further. It is bringing me to something, but what? I reach the end of the sea weed. It is tied to what feels like a treasure chest.I open it with minimal effort, and lucky thing too because I can feel myself getting fainter and fainter with every moment under water. The lid to the treasure chest swings open promptly followed by a plop/squish noise. I notice then that I can breathe normally. I open my eyes to find I am in a whitish pinkish bubble. My little protection I guess. The bubble then takes me to the surface. It pops as soon as it hits the surface, forcing me to swim like there is no tomorrow. I'm dodging lightning bolts left and right. I didn't even know that that was possible, but I'm doing it somehow. But my arms do grow tired eventually. Unfortunately though, the violent winds don't rest and I find myself being tossed around in the sea. After and exhausting few minutes of trying to keep my head above water, I hear faint sirens. I muster whatever strength I have left and swim in the direction of the sirens. There is a little firefighter boat. They don't see me. I'm probably not even a dot to them. But that's ok. I swim even harder. Eventually I catch up to the boat. I grab onto the ladder in the back and pull myself on board. Once on the boat I plop, thankful that I have found temporary refuge.

No comments:

Post a Comment