Followers

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Four and Twenty Blackbirds

As I was attempting to finish a pie of epic proportions, four and twenty blackbirds burst into the kitchen. I tried to swat them away, but they were all too much. They were everywhere. Each one grabbed a piece of my clothing with their beaks. They then proceeded to flap their wings and fly me out the front door. luckily I was able to get a hold of my pie amongst all this chaos. We flew high in the sky. Up, up in the air. I watched as the houses and cars became little dollhouses and toy cars, and then disappeared altogether. We flew above the clouds. I always wanted to touch a cloud, so I reached out my hand and took I piece of it. It was fluffy like cotton, but better. I put it in my pocket just because. The birds flew lower and we entered a land of rolling green hills. Could it be Ireland? England maybe? At any rate it was beautiful. The birds flew me over what appeared to be a medieval stone wall of a castle, and placed me safely on grassy ground on the other side. They then dispersed. Shortly there after I heard trumpets and someone unrolled a red carpet. Mysteriously the carpet ended at my feet but began in the middle of the field. Fascinated as to where the carpet began, I ended up staring at my shoes. Before I knew it, there was a cartoonish looking King standing right in front of me. Full beard, red sash, crown and all. "Hello." He said in an upbeat jovial fashion. " I see you have brought your pie." "Yes I have." I remember thinking how it must have been a miracle I was still holding it, especially after taking one hand off of it while in flight to grab a piece of cloud. "Are you ready?" He asked excitedly. " I guess so." "Good, then follow me." He walked slightly ahead and I watched him wabble merrily down the carpet. "Let's do this contest." I thought to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment