Followers

Sunday, December 1, 2013

Contract

An ominous storm cloud is coming into town. It rests above the citizens. It waits. At any moment it will strike down with fury. Pouring heavy rain, gusty winds, and devastating lightning. I must not be afraid though. I walk on as if it was not there at all. Before I know it, I'm in a library. In my hands I have the controls for a remote control car. I do not see the car anywhere, but I fidget with the controls. I hear a little car nearby.I fidget with the controls again. The little car is louder. He must be closer. I continue to play with the controls until the little car shows up at my feet, happy that he has found someone to play with him. I know I'm in a library, but I don't care. I'm having way too much have. I have it do all sorts of fun stunts. Back and forth it goes faster and faster. Then the grand finale. I race it down the stairs. It's bumpy. He does not mind though. He voluntarily does stunts. Bouncing off the walls, grinding on the handrails. We are having a blast. That is until this principal/ librarian woman shows up and spoils our fun. She picks up the little car and beckons me closer with her boney claw like hands. "I'm going to have to take this from you." She tells me in a stern way. I apologize to her and she shakes her head. "That's fine. But I need to talk to you about something." "What is it?" I ask hesitantly. " You still have not signed up." "I'm not obligated to." "That is correct. However, when you ask for my help I expect you to sign." "I'm not signing." She grins and opens her eyes wide. "I think you will." Just like that I grabbed a pen and signed my name beautifully. It was as if a spell had been placed on me and there was nothing I could do about it. " Thank you, now remember it's one week from today in the city." "It's not here?" I ask. "Of corse not. Now you may go." I left dumbfounded not sure what I just signed or what just happened. But I knew things would get more interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment