Followers

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Lucky # 60

I admired the surroundings in silence with the fire fighters. It's odd you would have never of guessed there was nightmarish storm from the looks of it. Everything is picturesque. The once turbulent lake is now a gentle stream. It guides us through lush valleys filled with deer, rabbits, squirrels and owls. Good job indeed gentlemen. "Look at that." The chief exclaims while pointing to a bright and vibrant rainbow that we are currently passing under. it's amazing. usually when you see a rainbow it's only there faintly. But there is no missing this one. "Wow, it's beautiful." I say admiring the rainbow. "I feel like skittles are going to rain down." The chief looks perplexed. "The candy, skittles." He still doesn't get it. "It was a popular commercial in the 90's." "The 90's?" He says very confused. "Yeah, the 1990's." "What are the 1990's." "They were a decade that I'm pretty sure you lived through." "A decade?" "Yeah, it's a measurement of time.Ten years." The chief gives a knowing grin. "Interesting. We don't do that though." "What do you mean you don't do that? Everyone does that." The chief shakes his head. "Nope, we don't." "I can believe you don't own a calendar, but time still marches on whether you believe in the concept of it or not." At this point we have now completely passed through the rainbow. On the other side is a purple sky filled with bright, twinkling stars. "We are from different places." The chief says. "I know, what does that have to do with anything?" " We don't follow the math rules that you follow.Therefor everything looks and feels different." I scratch my head. " I can go with that, but if there truly were no math, and you were creating a universe as you went along then why have the fires?" The chief put out his had and does the "stop there." motion. " I didn't say we control the universe. And I didn't say we don't have rules." "Then what?" "We have rules, they are just different. And so that makes everything else different." I shrug and look over the side of the boat. "Is it New Years by you?" He asks me. "I'm not sure." "It is somewhere." I nod in agreement. The chief gazes at the stars. "Perfect time to make a wish." "yep." I take a deep breath, make a wish, and release it. "You miss somebody?" He asks me. "I do." "Don't worry, you'll see her soon." He smiles big and bright. "You'll see her soon."

No comments:

Post a Comment