Followers

Friday, December 27, 2013

When You Find Yourself In a Fog...

Trying to mask my humiliation, I wander aimlessly through the fog. I know not where I am going. Even if there were no fog I would still be clueless. I mean I'm in a castle. What do I know about castles? I'm from the suburbs of Chicago. There are no castles here. Scratch that, there are no real castles. We have a Medieval Times. For anyone who is not familiar with this wonderful thing that is celebrated by Boy Scouts and bachelor parties alike, Medieval Times is basically a place where people put on cosutmes and joust while a crowed cheers or boos them. Somewhat cheesy, but fun none the less. The only way it could be better is if you were to replace medieval jousting with Roman gladiators. Though I doubt that will happen. At least anytime soon. At any rate I'm wandering along in a smog of my own creation. I can barely seen the path in front of me. I feel the stone walls in search of some sort of door. All the sudden one of the stones sink in and a door opens up. With out a shred of hesitaion I walk through. On the other side I am greeted by the purple haired woman. The one whom I drank tea with before. " I knew you'd be back." She says to me with a smile. "Why am I here?" I demand. "Whoa, no need to yell?" She insists. "Sorry, I just don't know what that was all about back there." The purple haired woman shrugs. "Maybe you weren't supposed to win." " Maybe, but I would have at least liked to have competed." "You did." I shake my head. "Hardly, my filling was missing." "And who's fault is that?" She asks me. "I put the filling in." "Then why was it missing?" I clench my fists. " I don't know. Maybe someone took it." She laughs. "What?" I ask her, very annoyed. "Even if someone did take it what are gonnna do? Fight them?" "I don't know." " I think you need to sit down and have some tea." "Tea doesn't solve everything." She smiles. "You're right it only solves 98% of problems." I try and hide it ,but a smile starts to form over my face. "Sit down and have some tea." "Alright, my angst can wait I guess."

No comments:

Post a Comment