Followers

Saturday, December 28, 2013

Caffeine Jitters?

We talked for a while about nothing in particular. I guess that is what one would call Bullshitting. Perhaps that is what I needed. A light conversation. Even if it seemed to be about nothing and go no where. It was nice. However, I noticed my leg was twitching. "Is this tea caffeinated?" I ask her. "Most of my teas are. Will that be a problem.?" "No, it's just caffeine makes me jittery." She sinks back into her chair. "It's a good thing you won't be staying then." "Are you kicking me out?" I ask her . "Oh no, but you should open the door." I walk over the door that I entered from. "Oh no, not that one." She points to the opposite wall. "That one." I walk over to the wall and place my hand on the stone. The door slides open. There is a massive downpour on the other side. Long strands of ligtning hit the ground and multiple sirens go off in the background. I turn to the purple haired woman. " You knew something was wrong You could feel it in your bones." "You wan't me to go out there?!" I shout to her. "It's an option" "Should I?" "Do you want to?" "How the hell should I know? Isn't that why I am here?" The purple haired woman walks over to me. "I'm not your shrink." "You could have fooled me." "Hey" She says.."I wasn't looking for you." "I'm not to sure I was looking for you either." She rests her hand on my shoulder. "Do you want to go out there?" "I don't think so." "Then sit down and enjoy your tea." I sit down in the chair and I try to relax. I keep looking at the storm though. Eventually the woman pipes in. "You like a good mystery." She tells me. " I guess I do." "You do, and it doesn't always serve you well. But you should go." "You mean it?" I ask, more so because I am unsure about myself. "Yes, I can't relax with you twitching like that." I smile and head for the door. Just as I'm about to exit, she shouts to me. "Have patience. Mostly with yourself. It's all one big puzzle piece. And some of the pieces may not fit till years down the road." I nod and prepare to face the storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment